Type of role
About the role
Responsibilities (What you do)
- Act as the point person for People Matters, our outsourced ER service and managing all escalated ER cases and issues through to completion.
- Supporting in disciplinary hearings and investigations – making sure a fair, balanced and human approach is followed without fail.
- Leading on the smooth execution of new joiner, annual and biannual People processes including newbie reviews, company-wide performance conversations, pay conversations/benefits chats and Operation Happiness (our engagement survey).
- Help us to implement our Growth (L&D) strategy, working closely with the Group Head of Training and delivering fabulous facilitation in core People induction sessions for newbie managers such as ER and performance management.
- Embedding People processes amongst Newbie managers by acting as a coach and providing follow up support and guidance following their induction to ensure that all learning objectives land.
- Being an escalation point for Hooligans in shops who need an independent voice, advice or support
- Generating accurate People reports from our data sources on a monthly and adhoc basis from holiday allowance to live visas to headcount.
- Curating People content on Hangout, our company intranet. You’ll ensure all key documents are live and up-to-date – spotting changes and new uploads to make without being asked.
- Leading the charge in aligning H+H and Nero benefits and processes. Knowing which tools and processes are the right fit for H+H.
- Seamlessly managing our leaver process – driving up completion of exit interviews and collecting key insights to help us improve the experience of working at Harris + Hoole.
- Building meaningful relationships across the Caffe Nero Group. Working closely with our Ops gurus, and the People + Training teams.
- Living and breathing the Harris + Hoole culture, values and strengths. Everyone says that – we REALLY mean it!
Playing to Strengths (How you’ll do all that…)
- Rapport builder - you adapt your style to immediately build relationships and use your relationships to enable you and others to get things done. Always thinking One Team, One Dream across H+H and the wider Nero Group!
- Organising - proven knack of juggling several balls at the same time without dropping any. Managing your time, multiple demands and the unexpected comes easy to you.
- Being a Doer - you're uber proactive, always spotting what needs your attention and focusing on it – without being asked. You spark your own fire to get things done.
- Diligence – you're meticulous with an eagle eye for detail. You take pride in your work and have an insatiable desire to make things better than they are when you first find them.
- Centred - a calm, assured manner - you’re the graceful swan during even the busiest of time - flapping is not your thing. You keep cool poise and bounce back smiling from setbacks.
- A solid coach – you are adept at supporting and guiding others to achieve outcomes, including your own team of Fabulous Facilitators (Trainers), and People Co-Ordinator.
- Authenticity – being honest, and human. Avoiding ‘HR speak’ and never shying away from tough love where it helps. You’ll focus on the common sense, fair outcome rather than just following process for the sake of it.
- A crystal clear and confident communicator in person and on paper.
- Tech Savvy - you know your way around a system and show others how to do it too.
Oh plus, some fantastic parties, the opportunity to grow and master your craft in a fast paced ever changing business where it can sometimes feel like we’re “surfing on the edge of chaos” and more free coffee than you can shake a stick at! If this sounds right up your street we’d love to hear from you!
Back to search
Email to a friend