We’re on the hunt for a bright, proactive, uber-friendly Learning and Development Champion, with an interest in speciality coffee to design and deliver in-house learning for all of our commercial, management and soft skills courses.
The Learning and Development Champion role supports the delivery of our annual people development objectives & plans for Harris + Hoole.
Upskilling our current managers, and supporting our new and future managers couldn’t be more important! As part of the People Team, you’ll be helping to ensure all of our people are equipped with all the necessary tools to set them up for success. You’ll also work closely with our Coffee and Operations teams to ensure our approach is integrated and meets the needs of the learners and the business.
In return we’re offering the chance to make a huge impact in a growing business, heaps of opportunities to learn and develop, and plenty of fun along the way!
What you’ll do:
- Create, deliver and evaluate Learning and Development tools that meet the needs of the business. Support the ongoing development of our Hooligans from day one, creating a culture where learning is both challenging and rewarding and we get, grow and keep the best people in the business!
- In partnership with line managers, support the ongoing development of Shift Leaders, Assistant Shop Managers and Shop Managers. Ensure learning content is comprehensive and relevant to the role.
- Design and deliver workshops for Shift Leaders, ASM’s and SM’s to support their development.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement by regularly reviewing and updating materials based on feedback from participants and key stakeholders.
- Ownership of our internal assessment day (Growth Hack) – scheduling, activities, delivery and evaluation to ensure the day is challenging and role appropriate.
- Look after our Learning Management System. Be the first point of contact for any questions or issues. Monitor content to ensure it is up to date and accurate. Design and add content to support classroom training.
- Administration of all workshops and growth activity, and maintaining accurate training records.
- Provide Shop Managers with a tool kit of training sessions for them to run with their teams.
- Support our Coffee Gurus with development of their Learning and Development skills. Provide training and assessment for potential Guru’s.
- Holiday cover for Barista Trainer. This involves facilitating our three day ‘Newbie’ Barista training approximately four times per year.
- Occasional generalist HR tasks to support the People Manager.
How you’ll do it:
- You’ll have strong presentation skills, with experience in presenting varied content to small groups.
- Ability to create engaging relevant content.
- A track record of developing people to achieve goals.
- Coaching skills, with the ability to land difficult feedback well.
- Speciality coffee knowledge is a real plus! The role includes covering the Barista Trainer’s holiday, although full training and support will be provided, a passion for coffee is a huge help!
- Knowledge and experience of using e-learning platforms.
- You’ll be used to using online systems, and you’ll be confident with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- A calm and centred approach to difficult situations.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Collaborative, and enjoy working in teams and with people at all levels.
- Great organisational skills, with a proven knack for managing projects and multiple varied tasks at once.
- Meticulous with an eagle eye for detail. You take pride in your work and have an insatiable desire to make things better.
- Proactive and curious, always looking for ways to do things better or more efficiently.
- Adaptable to change and resilient. Flexible to the needs of the learner, and to business needs.