Harris + Hoole is a market leader in the specialty coffee space. Our goal is making seasonally sourced, single origin, speciality coffee accessible and we are on the hunt for a bright, proactive person with solid generalist HR experience to help us achieve it!
This is a true generalist role, with the opportunity to participate in all aspects of HR, with support from the specialist functions within the Caffè Nero Group.
We are looking for someone who can embed and deliver world-class people practices across our estate of 40-odd (and unique) speciality coffee shops. You’ll be leading on a wide variety of essential people activities helping our people (we call them hooligans!) master their craft and supporting our Area and Shop Managers to implement a consistent, best practice people approach.
In partnership with the Head of Harris and Hoole, the People Partner will build a comprehensive people strategy and the ensure the successful delivery of people plans. The People Partner will have strong sense of commerciality, and HR experience in retail or hospitality supporting an Operations function.
In return we’re offering the chance to make a real impact, lead and learn in a Leadership Team that puts happy people at the heart of what it does. If you’re ambitious and passionate about having a career in people, this is the role for you.
As we are currently remote working, there will be a flexible approach to location with time in the office to be defined and agreed, but you’ll likely spend some time in our Central London office, and out in our shops across South-East England.
- Partner with the Head of H+H to review all HR activity, agreeing key focuses & follow up.
- Part of the H+H leadership team, providing direction and influencing strategy.
- Participatory member of the Caffè Nero Group HR Leadership Team, aligning on people strategy and sharing best practice.
- Owner and driver of company culture, including engagement, internal comms and events.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to design and implement people processes to overcome issues and promote best practise.
- Coach & support Operations team to support the welfare & wellbeing of their teams.
- Facilitate on-going development of people management skills within the Operations team.
- Continually develop the knowledge & skillset of the Operations team ensuring consistency & fairness.
- Prioritise and champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Escalation point for complex ER cases.
- Strengthening talent pipeline for shop-based roles.
- Develop training needs analysis & subsequent plans.
- Work with Caffè Nero L & D team to deliver against overall learning plan.
- Line Manage 2 Coffee Mentors (coffee training specialists). Ensure they receive ongoing development, feedback and support.
- Through the Coffee Mentors, own the coffee learning journey for all employees.
- Consistently review learning proposition with insightful feedback to ensure on-going development learning resource.
- Ensure all development initiatives are delivered to the highest standards.
- Contribute to P&L reviews supporting Head of H+H agreeing people initiatives & deliverables.
- Work in partnership with finance, holding responsibility for people budget & review ROI for the brand.
- Build and maintain strong working partnerships with Caffè Nero HR functional heads.
- Additional project work on a group level.
KEY SKILLS + BEHAVIOURS
- Full HR Generalist experience at Business Partner level in a multi–site environment.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Proven experience at building and developing brand culture.
- Understanding of L+D principles & ability to implement effective learning interventions.
- Experience of managing a budget effectively.
- Management of recruitment across shop & office/field-based roles.
- Success in building internal & external talent pipelines.
- Flexible & responsive communication skillset.
- Excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of managing HR systems, including ATS, LMS etc.
- CIPD qualifications preferred
Acts as a brand ambassador for Harris & Hoole.
Commitment to personal growth and development.
Develops & continuously strengthens relationships across the brands.
Relishes an environment where people, values & coffee come first.
Collaborative & applies a supportive coaching style
- Head of H+H
- Group People Director
- H+H Leadership Team
- H+H Operations Team
- Caffè Nero Training & Development Team
- Caffè Nero HR Team
- H+H Store Teams
- Neal St Colleagues
- ATS provider.
- Communications platform provider.
- Recruitment agencies.
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata and excluding bank holidays)
- More free coffee than you can shake a stick at!
- Access to Bean Box- our benefits platform which offers you loads of discounts and freebies at the touch of a button.
- Private Medical care through Vitality.
- Cashplan Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.