Type of role
About the role
We currently have a Shift Leader vacancy in our Burgess Hill coffee shop.
In this role at Harris + Hoole, you'll be in charge of energising and inspiring your team to deliver an amazing coffee experience for our customers each and every time they visit. Our Shift Leaders are super organised, motivated by creating an outstanding customer experience, and live and breathe the brown stuff! You’ll be super passionate about ensuring your team, customers and community have a great experience, and a great cup of coffee! You'll be in charge of running a smooth shift, ensuring we meet our brand standards and asking your team to do the same.
There are loads of great reasons to join H+H:
- Free coffee!
- Free shift meal.
- Amazing training!
- More free coffee!
- Perkbox – an online discount provider (we call it Beanbox!)
- Loads of opportunities to grow and progress.
- Even more free coffee!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Run an organised shift on the shop floor to deliver an amazing coffee experience for all of our customers.
- Help the team grow by letting them play to their strengths and giving great feedback.
- You’ll make sure you always delivering an awesome customer experience, and your team are too. Handling customer complaints as they arise.
- You’ll make sure we are safe, clean, secure + legal.
- You’ll help the Assistant Manager and Shop Manager to improve your shop by bringing weekly focuses to life on shift.
- Stay up to date with everything Harris + Hoole. Passing on your ideas and knowledge to others. H+H is somewhere you can really get creative!
- Work with your Manager to maintain an organised back office by keeping on top of admin + ensuring data, scheduling, ordering + cash are 100% accurate.
HOW YOU'LL DO IT!
- With customer passion: Treat your customers as friends. Engage with them, nothing’s ever too much trouble!
- With authenticity: With a vision. Know your role in the team. Be yourself, with confidence.
- We coach: Empower others to grow and do for themselves.
- Create strong relationships and an environment of great quality feedback.
- We think business: Talk to my manager about any great ideas. Engage Baristas for their ideas and run sales orientated shifts. Give great team briefs, setting clear expectations for the day, and keep our teams motivated with regular updates.
- We get organised: Get stuff done by being brilliant at the basics. With an eye for detail and plenty of planning, prioritising + delegating to keep it slick.
- We energise our teams: You’ll set an energetic tone for your shift. Running your shift and getting things done with pace.
- We love growth: You’ll own your own development and be curious to learn. You’ll be hungry for feedback and looking for ways to improve all the time.
Harris + Hoole are passionate about bringing speciality coffee to the high street! Our shops reflect the local communities we serve + we strive to deliver exceptional coffee + customer experience through our people! We are super passionate about development + progression, we love nothing more than seeing our people succeed!
Back to search
Email to a friend