Type of role
About the role
We currently have an Assistant Manager vacancy in our Burgess Hill coffee shop.
Our Assistant Managers are as passionate about customer experience as they are about coffee + building a great team! Whether it's running a super organised shift, or helping your Shop Manager, you’ll believe in our vision for Better Coffee, and want to tell other about it!
You’ll act as a role model in all you do + inspire + set the tone for others. You’ll love to delight customers, putting them at the centre of everything you do. Your role is integral to the success of your shop, + you’ll step up when your Manager isn’t there.
There are loads of great reasons to join H+H:
- Free coffee!
- Join our family of Hooligans! (the name for all who work in Harris and Hoole!)
- Sociable working hours and free shift meal.
- No uniform, we embrace individuality under that apron!
- Amazing training and development accredited to the SCA (Speciality Coffee Association)
- Access to Perkbox – an online discount provider (we call it Beanbox!)
- Loads of opportunities to grow and progress in both Coffee and Management
- Get involved in supporting your local community – we encourage fund raising initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Run an organised shift to deliver a better coffee experience.
- Create fans of H+H by delivering an amazing customer experience.
- Assist with creating + implementing a shop plan to continuously improve your shop.
- Ensure your shop is clean, safe + legal.
- Help cultivating a high performing team. From recruitment to training + people management.
- Make local friends within your community by fundraising for great causes + holding events.
- Maintain an organised back office by keeping on top of admin + ensure data, scheduling, ordering + cash are 100% accurate.
HOW YOU'LL DO IT!
- With authenticity - with a clear vision in mind. Knowing your role in the team. Being your best self - with confidence, while encouraging your team to be authentic too.
- As a coach – you’ll empower others to grow + do for themselves.
- You’ll energise your team through highs + lows. Create an environment of great quality feedback.
- Immerse yourself in data. Use your insight to make smart + sound plans to achieve business targets.
- Being organised - get stuff done by being brilliant at the basics. With an eye for detail + plenty of planning, prioritising + delegating to keep it slick.
- Being a little bit…maverick - consider ideas outside the box. Experiment. Never be afraid to make a mistake, or try something a little bit different.You’ll adopt the right mindset in the face of change, + take care of yourself to bounce forward better for it. Own your own development. Be curious to learn. Hungry for feedback + aiming to improve all the time.
Harris + Hoole are passionate about bringing speciality coffee to the high street! Our shops reflect the local communities we serve + we strive to deliver exceptional coffee + customer service through our people! We are super passionate about development + progression, we love nothing more than seeing our people succeed!
Back to search
Email to a friend